All Dulles Area Muslim Society(ADAMS) is one of the largest Muslim communities/mosques in the DC Metro Area and in the United States.ADAMS is a non profit 501c(3) Organization. ADAMS serves over 6000 families and has 10 branches in Virginia/DC - (Sterling/Herndon, Tysons Corner, Fairfax, Reston, Ashburn/Leesburg, Sully/Chantilly, South Riding, Greater Gainesville, Crystal City, and Washington DC).ADAMS Center is governed by a 13-member democratically elected board of trustees comprising of men and women. ADAMS engages in regular interfaith, government relations, social services, and community service. ADAMS has one of the largest Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Girl Scout programs in the DC Metro area.
* ADAMS is governed by a thirteen-member Board of Trustees and the Executive Committee - both elected by the members, with strong participation by women. Specifically, 3 out of the 13 Board Of Trustees are Women.
* ADAMS maintains strong ties with other religious groups, and regularly hosts dialogues with Jewish, Christian, Sikh, Hindu, Baha'i, and other faith traditions.
* ADAMS participates heavily in interfaith and community service programs and social events.
* ADAMS has one common prayer area for men and women, and does not practice gender discriminations.
* ADAMS doesn't practice denominational discrimination between Sunnis and Shi'ites and both groups have participation and involvement in the community
* ADAMS has active Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts programs.
* ADAMS maintains an excellent relationship with the FBI, the Department of the Treasury, the Department of State, and various state and local law enforcement agencies.
* ADAMS has its financial statements independently audited and certified by an independent CPA firm and our audited financials are presented to the General Body every year in May.
* ADAMS regularly hosts elected public officials and candidates from all parties for public offices during Friday prayers, social activities and the annual Northern Virginia Civic Picnic.
* The All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS), along with other Muslim organizations throughout North America, strongly condemn and reject the actions of terrorists and terrorism.